BFSA News Flash
Good Day Brothers and Sisters:
I hope this message finds you and your loved ones in good health during these trying times. To those of you who have suffered a personal loss, our hearts go out to you. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I want to thank you all for your hard work & service during this pandemic, as we are all considered ESSENTIAL WORKERS. I’d like to give a special “Thank You” to the Fund for continuing our payroll checks. We must bear in mind that over 40 Million people have filed for unemployment. We are extremely fortunate to belong to a Union, that has continued to ensure everyone receive work and full compensation during this unprecedented time.
As your President along with the Vice-President and the assistance of others, we took on the task of ensuring every BFSA member was afforded the opportunity to work from home based on their job description. Our tireless efforts paid off and we are happy to announce that 90% of the staff is now working from home. As your BFSA President and Vice-President took on this monumental task since March 16, 2020. We could not have done it without the collaboration and direct assistance of Jessica Bustamante, Senior Manager of Human Resources.
We are aware that some staff may experience fears and anxiety about returning to work, BFSA wants to ensure you that we’re doing everything we can to stay proactive in working with the Fund and ensuring everyone’s safety is maintained on a consistent basis during this process. The Fund will be following the guidelines set forth by the Department of Health, State of New York and the CDC.
330 WEST 42ND STREET RE-ENTRY GUIDELINES FOR FUNDS’ STAFF
· Re-Entry is set to begin the week of June 8, 2020 and will continue until the “Pack and Purge” is complete
· STAFF WILL NOT BE CLOCKING IN OR OUT
· Staff are to use door(s) marked ENTER. Temperatures will be taken by a Fund’s designated Staff member. The device used will be a “TOUCHLESS THERMOMETER”. *PLEASE NOTE: if temperature is 99.5 degrees & over, STAFF WILL BE SENT HOME. To reschedule, please contact your management team and/or Human Resources.
· Staff are asked to bring their own MASK(S) & GLOVE(S).
· Only 4 ppl allowed per elevator. REMEMBER, PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES.
Please be advised that the “Maintainers” have been in the building sanitizing, cleaning & disinfecting for several weeks. Maintainers will continue to perform the above duties daily until the Fund’s move is complete.
Currently, HR is working with Management in creating a schedule for Staff in each area(s) that will honor “Social Distancing” guidelines. This will include the following:
· Avoidance or interactions with Staff/Departments on the same floor
· Avoidance of overcrowding on Elevators and Restrooms
PURGE & CLEAN
· Management has been instructed to assist Staff with additional information and/or instructions on steps to be taken.
· STAFF will be responsible for their own belongings.
· THIS IS NOT A WORKING DAY!!! STAFF ARE TO PACK, PURGE AND LEAVE FOR THE DAY.
MINIMIZING ENTRY/EXIT FROM BUILDING
The Fund is requesting Staff to minimize entering & exiting the building for any reason. The Fund is requesting the following:
· Please bring your Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks upon arrival.
· Please be prepared to exit building at your designated time slot. Staff are to use door(s) marked “EXIT”
The 498 building is still under construction and social distancing will be implemented in the building and in all departments. “Working from Home” opportunities have and will continue to be explored.
CBA – UPDATES
Both NBF and BFSA attorneys are reviewing the Contract. Once approved, the membership will receive the final draft.
Our main source of Communication has and will remain the BFSA WEBSITE as of March 16, 2020. We cannot utilize 1199 server since most are working remotely and many have not been able to access their work email or open links. Subscribing to site will ensure you stay up to date as all new posts are automatically sent to you once published.
Thank you, stay safe and again feel free to reach out to any of us if you have any quesions or concerns. Q&A will soon be posted, so please be prepared to give us your feedback. It is important and most of all valuable.
Yvette Howard ~ BFSA President
Yvette Howard ~President, Rodney Bullard ~Vice President, Alma Gonzalez~ Treasurer, Sandra Murray~ Recording Secretary
Jill Pincus-Latman ~Grievance Chairperson, Marlon Elliott ~ Internal Auditor, Jeremiah James ~Reclassification Officer